This tasty summer dish can be served hot or cold and is equally as popular around the dinner table as it is among the barbecue and salads. Zucchini Frittatas can be frozen and brought out as required for snacks and pre-dinners. The sun dried tomato flavour will have guests guessing and the pleasant after taste lingers long after the frittata is gone.
- Cook onion gently in the butter until soft and golden.
- Combine the cooked onion and zucchini in a mixing bowl, add the cooked egg noodles and stir thoroughly, but carefully.
- Add the tomato strips and grated parmesan.
- Mix the eggs and cream together thoroughly. Season with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Add to the zucchini mixture and mix well.
- Pour into a shallow, buttered, ovenproof dish and bake in a moderate oven (180c) until golden.
Hint: We also cook them in a silicon muffin tray and this recipe can make 12.